Re: Problems Installing Debian on a Sparc2

Ben Collins wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 07:29:03AM -0400, jbiddier@usra.edu wrote:
> >
> > Debian can be installed from floppies (14 of them I believe? You will
> > need the sun4cdm floppies + base floppies). Do this if all else fails
> > (here do a "boot floppy" at the OK prompt.)
> >

> Actually, you should just need rescue+root+drivers. The base2_2.tgz can
> be downloaded during the install.

Yes. I should have been more specific. You need the rescue.bin (sun4cdm
[for a Sparc WS 2]), driver-1.bin + driver-2.bin (again sun4cdm
versions) and the root.bin (base). Again, Ben is right, you don't really
need all the other floppies (base) if you have download access. All
floppies are available at any Debian Sparc download sites (as I'm sure
you know).

In US try:

http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/dists/potato/main/disks-sparc/current/

--J