Re: boot-woes on a sparcstation 1

On Sat, 18 Aug 2001 14:09:46 +0200, Robert Waldner writes:
>On Sat, 18 Aug 2001 13:50:19 +0200, Thorsten Kukuk writes:
>>On Sat, Aug 18, Robert Waldner wrote:
>>> It seems to load tftpboot.img via TFTP correctly, but as soon as
>>>  getting the file is finished, it bombs out with "Data Access Exception".
>>
>>The most time I get this message the image is to big for this machine
>>(means making the image some kb smaller solves the problem).
>
>Ahemm, how would I do that?

I tried booting via diskette, but no luck there, either. I dd the
 images on an i386-box, but the sparc doesn´t recognize them ("drive
 reports track 2 when reading track 0"). I don´t have a spare
 SCSI-cdrom, so installing via CD isn´t an option for me. It seems that
 I´ll have to somehow copy with TFTP.

Are there older, thus smaller, tftpboot-images available anywhere? I´d
 be happy just to get something to run on the box from where I could
 then upgrade..

cheers+tia,
&rw
--
-- You are in a maze of twisty little Linux distros, all different.
-- Abigail, asr