Re: Netra X1 advice?

On Mon, Aug 20, 2001 at 08:40:09PM -0400, Chad Miller wrote:
> Adam, and others:
>
> I'll be getting a 1U rackmount box soon, to use as a permanent personal
> networked linux box, and I'm wondering if you'd recommend the Netra X1.
> I've read of the progress towards getting the ethernet device to work, but
> more than that, what do you think of the box?

If I could go back and do it over again, I'd buy something else.  There are a
few "neat" features, but overall, I'd rather have a 1U x86 box.  As far as
alternatives, the only other 1U boxes I've played with are VA and Penguin.
I've heard good things about the IBM netfinity, it looks like you can get a
1U box from them with 20GB HD + 128 Megs for around $1300.

--Adam

--
Adam McKenna  <adam@debian.org>  <adam@flounder.net>