Re: new install on ultra1/creator - cannot get video going

Many thanks for all the notes

As per various responses, the simple solution was to install
sun 24 bit xserver. My (wrong) assumption was that as a
fairly standard Sun box it would install from the CD without
any intervention on my part - I was choosing the "simple"
option and picking the X packages. Clearly too used to
Solaris or getting lazy :)

After that, a glorious looking Debian logo in 24bit colour
appeared on my 21" Sun Monitor running WindowMaker :-)
I'm really impressed

I suppose I can rebuild my S10 and S20 now as well :-O

Cheers

Howard

--
Howard Glynn [ howard@glynn.net ]