Re: X keyboard map?

On Fri, 11 May 2001, Jim Crumley wrote:

> > Man, I've had this issue for a very long time. As far as I can tell, X has
> > been completely broken on debian/sparc since xf4. I've emailed this list
> > and debian-x about it, but haven't received any response, and I haven't
> > made any headway on the problem myself. I can start X, the server log
> > indicates that it recognizes my framebuffer, but the keyboard and mouse
> > are completely ignored. Same story with xf86cfg. I'd be really very
> > greatfull for any input on this problem. For reference, my own config is:
> >
> > Sun Ultra60,
> > Creator3d ffb,
> > type6 keyboard/mouse,
>
> Take a look at the list archives - this problem comes up fairly often.
> For the mouse try device /dev/sunmouse and protocol busmouse.
> For the keyboard here's what the relevant sections of my config looks like:
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>         Identifier  "Keyboard0"
>         Driver      "keyboard"
>         Option          "CoreKeyboard"
>         Option          "XkbRules"      "sun"
>         Option          "XkbModel"      "type4"
>         Option          "XkbLayout"     "us"
> EndSection

Jim,

	Thanks. This worked perfectly. I've searched through the archives
several times, but didn't come across the requisite info -- my bad. Any
idea why you have to describe a type6 keyboard as a typ4 to get it
working? =)

Brian
fade@etc.etc.etc.

"You can't depend on your judgement when your imagination
is out of focus."			-- Mark Twain