xkb settings for xfree4.1

This has probably been covered before, but I couldn't find it in the
archives.  More to the point, I couldn't find doc or a setup program
to help.

I've previously been running the xfree 3.3 server on a testing system
and have just installed the 4.1 server and can only get a
semi-functional keyboard.  This is an ultra5 with a UK keyboard.  In
XF86Config, the keyboard configuration was:

    XkbModel    "sun"
    XkbKeycodes "sun(type5)"
    XkbGeometry "sun(type5euro)"
    XkbSymbols  "sun/us(sun5)+iso9995-3(basic)+gb"

What's the equivalent incantation for XF86Config-4, and how could I
derive it myself?

xf86config gives this after selecting the `type5' option, which is the
most specific thing it offers:

        Option          "CoreKeyboard"
        Option          "XkbRules"      "sun"
        Option          "XkbModel"      "type5"

Running xf86cfg gives me a frozen keyboard/display, which presumably I
should report as a bug, but is anything useful known about that
already?