Can't netboot the installer on sun4c using a.out image

I am unable to get my system to grab the root fs from DHCP. I am
able to boot the installer using the 'nfsroot' kernel paramater
from the PROM commandline.

I'm fairly certain the problem is with the dhcp server configuration.
Also, the installer is unable to resolve hostnames. Probably the DNS
server isn't being set correctly. There is no resolv.conf in either
/etc or /target/etc, even after I configure the network with dhcp.

I am tftp booting IPX with no hard drive and serial console.

Booting with no kernel paramaters, last messages:

Partition check:
Root-NFS: No NFS server available, giving up.
VFS: Unable to mount root fs via NFS, trying floppy.
floppy0: WARNING disk change called early
VFS: Insert root floppy and press ENTER

dhcpd.conf:

default-lease-time 600;
max-lease-time 7200;
option broadcast-address 192.168.1.255;
option domain-name "internal.aom.geek";
option domain-name-servers 192.168.1.1;
option subnet-mask 255.255.255.0;
option routers 192.168.1.1;

subnet 192.168.1.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
  range 192.168.1.100 192.168.1.199;
}
host atuin {
  hardware ethernet 8:0:20:c:dc:80;
  fixed-address atuin.internal.aom.geek;
  option root-path "192.168.1.43:/var/local/nfsroot-install/sparc";
}

--
Ferret

I will be switching my email addresses from @ferret.dyndns.org to
@mail.aom.geek on or after September 1, 2001, but not until after
Debian's servers include support. 'geek' is an OpenNIC TLD. See
http://www.opennic.unrated.net for details about adding OpenNIC
support to your computer, or ask your provider to add support to
their name servers.