kbd: cannot get file descriptor for console

Howdy Folks,

	I've setup debian over the net (no cd or floppy on the sparc20) and
I get this error, any ideas

Setting up kbd (0.99-9.2) ...
Couldnt get a file descriptor referring to the console
dpkg: error processing kbd (--configure):
 kbd

everything else runs beautifully, its my first time installing debian, and I
love it, apt-get is real nice,
any pointers much appreciated, I saw some posts about this issue on the
archive but didn't seem
to be for this version of the packages (latest)

Best Regards

	Roy

Roy White
International Fund Services Ireland Ltd   Tel:   +353 1 7075057
Harcourt Centre                           Fax:   +353 1 7075157
Harcourt Street                           eMail: royw@imsi.com
Dublin 2

Disclaimer:
which it is addressed. The e-mail and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity
to which they are addressed.  Any review, re-transmission, dissemination
or other use of or taking of any action in reliance upon this
prohibited. If you received this in error, please notify
compliance@imsi.com or delete the material from your computer.

E-mail is susceptible to interference. You should not assume the
contents originated from International Fund Services (Ireland) Limited
or that they have been accurately reproduced from their original form.
If in doubt, please verify their authenticity with the sender.