dual boot

Hello, and an early "Happy New Year" greetings to all.

I wonder if anyone would have any inputs on these:

   a.  I have a sparc 4 running partial woody, and
       is planning to move to a larger disk---from
       a 2gb disk to a 9gb disk.  How can I do this
       without reinstalling?  I use SILO to boot
       from my hard disk now, by the way.

   b.  Okay, I am really planning to install
       solaris 8 on this sparc 4 also (to do so
       testings for the department): so I will
       need to partition this 9gb first.  Does
       anyone have similar experience on this to
       share, specifically:

          i.  How should one partition the disk?

          ii.  Which partition should have the
               necessary directories---from both
               operating systems?

          iii.  Should linux be installed/copied
                to the disk first?

I will be very appreciative of any pointer to the relevant
docs on this too.

Thank you!

Regards,
HenSiong