Re: Kernel 2.2.12 compile problems on SS2

Hi,

On 26-Sep-99, you wrote:

> The linux 2.2.12 kernel compilation runs ok on my SparcStation 2, but
> after rebooting i got a kernel panic (i think this is because of the use
> of a serial console) anyone got an idea to prevent this ?

I had the same problem. The egcs and gcc included in slink are buggy(I think
it´s the infamous gcse-thing). Some days ago I got myself the egcs 2.9.66
sources and debian-diffs *and applied the gcse-patch*(I got it from an
RedHat 6.0 CD, I can mail it if wanted). With this Compiler the kernel 2.2.12
is up and running now.

FYI: On my SS2 the build took about 11 hours.

SeeYa
--
 Fax  :  +49 89 66617 26912