Re: LD_PRELOAD used with setuid programs (was Re: Fakeroot security problem)

On Mon, Feb 09, 1998 at 10:36:26PM +0000, James Troup wrote:
> James Troup <J.J.Troup@scm.brad.ac.uk> writes:
>
> [ lots of stuff that was intended for debian-private and not
>   debian-sparc ]
>
> Excuse me, but which genius decided to use a *public* mailing list as
> a Maintainer: address?

	Sorry, my fault.  The libc6 used in Sparc (pre2.1) is too
buggy and there are many people working on it, so I thought it could
be useful if debian-sparc is the maintainer of the new `glibc-sparc'
source package.  I didn't want that address to receive mails addressed
to `libc6@packages.debian.org'.

	I'll change the Maintainer: field in the next upload (in one
or two days).

> James - snarked off.

	Sorry :(

--