Re: SPARCStation 1 questions

Bdale,

	I have 4 sparcstation 1, and, 1 ipc here at work, running
	SunOS 4.1.3U, and all of then would not work, unless the
	drives I used, were sun preped drives. Also, the company
	I use to work for, installed a large number of sun ipc,
	ipx, sparc 1 ande sparc 2's in many brokerage houses, and,
	these systems as well, would not reconize a non-sun prepared
	disk. Now here at work, we have a sparcserver 1000 that uses
	non-sun disks, but, that system is running solaris 2.4, the
	boot drive is a sun prepared drive, and, the non-sun drives
	are defined in /etc/device.tab. The info I gave Bruce comes
	from my personal experience with these systems, if any of it
	was incorrect, than for that I am sorry for the mis-information.

Mike T.
taylor@fsg.prusec.com