Re: Kernel 2.4.21 does not work on my SS20

On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 11:36:41AM -0500, Nicolas Will wrote:
| Got the same problem here...
|
| The machine randonly hangs at the INIT stage during boot.
|
| INIT seems to be shaky on Woody stable for Sparc, as it really doesn;t like
| respawning processes too quickly (I had the problem with the virtual
| consoles when booting without keyboard).
|
| Once the machine passes the initial INIT, it is rock stable...until the next
| reboot.
| [../..]

I have upgraded my system to debian/testing same problem .

I have trie to boot with the kernel argument "init=/bin/sh"
is OK .

So ,  /sbin/init is bogus when using 2.4.21 with smp an hypersparc ?

    / Erwan MAS                                                 /\