Re: Debian 3.0 on Netra X1, installs but won't run

On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 02:55:24PM -0700, Patrick Morris wrote:
> Nope, it's not a Sparc thing, it's an IDE thing.  Maybe it depends on
> the motherboard, but just last week I was building a OpenBSD box out of
> spare parts that wouldn't boot because the CD on the second IDE was
> jumpered as a master.

It's not an IDE thing, it's a CDROM thing.  Some just don't want to be
masters.  I don't know why they even have jumpers.  Others are OK being
masters.  I think most recent drives can handle being masters, but I
could be wrong.  In my experience it's pretty much a toss-up whether a
given drive will work when jumpered as master.

noah