How to set hardware clock to system clock?

I have a system (Debian 3.0_r1 on an Ultra1) that right now boots with a
hardware clock set two hours into the future.
I have tried using hwclock to solve this, but it seems I cannot use
hwclock to do this, and I do not know of any other way. I would like to
solve this, since it gives me some problems with certain compilations
that give me error messages about clock skew, because some system files
(I don't know exactly which) are timestamped two hours into the future
before I run ntpdate after the boot.

Here are the symptoms I see:

sol:~# hwclock --systohc
Cannot access the Hardware Clock via any known method.
Use the --debug option to see the details of our search for an access
method.
sol:~# hwclock --debug
hwclock 2.4c/util-linux-2.11n
hwclock: Open of /dev/misc/rtc failed, errno=2: No such file or
directory.
No usable clock interface found.
Cannot access the Hardware Clock via any known method.
sol:~#

When I try to find the /dev/misc/rtc file I see that I don't even have
the /dev/misc directory:

sol:~# ls -ld /dev/misc
ls: /dev/misc: No such file or directory

Does anyone here know a solution for this problem?

Best regards,
David List