Re: SPARCserver-1000

On Wed, Aug 30, 2000 at 09:08:12AM +0000, parlin imanuel wrote:
> Hi,
> my name is parlin, i am new to this list...
> We already have two machine (sun4c and sun4m) running Linux,
> one RedHat (that my friend's :) and the other runs Debian.
> just upgrade it to potato last yesterday... :)
>
> Now I am making proposal to change a SPARCserver-1000
> from Solaris to Potato.
> Is anyone ever successfully run sparclinux on SPARCserver?
>
> Below is what i get with `uname -a`
> SunOS hostname 5.5.1 Generic sun4d sparc SUNW,SPARCserver-1000
> This SPARCserver really make me nervous. :)

PROMLIB: Sun Boot Prom Version 3 Revision 2
Linux version 2.2.16 (root@debella) (gcc version 2.95.2 20000313 (Debian
GNU/Linux)) #1 Sun Jun 11 13:53:24 CEST 2000
ARCH: SUN4D
TYPE: SPARCcenter 2000

SMP mode may be problematic, it wouldn't even boot without commenting out
the printk's in calibrate_delay() in init/main.c, and it had some
stability issues later...
UP mode is quite stable

--
Madarasz Gergely    gorgo@thunderchild.debian.net    gorgo@linux.rulez.org