Re: Sound in Potato

Hello debian-sparc do you copy???

I sent twice an email with just the same question that Afonso Infante has.
But my machine is an Ultra 1 170. I had sound when it was running
Redhat 6.2 2 weeks ago, but with Debian i cant make it work (sound).
I have remade de devs with the correct major and minor numbers and
permisions but nothing happens with the potato out of the box
kernel+modules (cs4231) or my self compiled 2.2.17pre20+modules. I
compared everything with my SS5 that is still running Redhat 6.2. Even a
cat of a wav file to /dev/dsp doesnt work, and the same file in my SS5
worked fine (cat to /dev/dsp).
I think the Ultra 10 has uses the same module (cs4231).

thanks for any help

Alejandro Arrieta Rios
aarrieta@inf.utfsm.cl