Re: Solaris binaries compatibility

Iggi wrote:

> is there a known list of apps, with maybe some howtos, which can be run in
> compatibility (iBCS or stuff like that) mode under L/SPARC?

The solaris module on sparc64 is also an option.
Perhaps I could set up a matrix in the UltraLinux FAQ with applications that
do not run under Linux, but do with SunOS/Solaris emulation, but I'll need
information from the users of that software to accomplish that.

> For me it seems that ultralinux.org is a little bit outdated.

My opinion is that it's not that outdated.
A new version of the FAQ is about to get published. A lot of old information
on ultralinux.org is being kept in because a lot of people are using
very old versions of software, with dito hardware:
$ date && uname -a
Sat Aug 19 17:11:26 MET DST 2000
Linux thoron.auxio.net 2.0.22 #1 Sat Oct 12 10:16:39 EDT 1996 sparc unknown

If you have any suggestions/questions for the FAQ please let me know.

> Do there exist
> any actual resources out there, where we L/SPARC owners are a little bit up
> to date? ;-) I would really like to know how many people on this planet use
> the L/SPARC configuration.

I've sent Harald of counter.li.org an email to find out. Perhaps he'll give the
information about SPARC users. Have you registered already ? :-)

Regards,

Pieter