keyboard types

<please Cc' me, since I'm not on this list>
Hi folks,

I finally got my hands on a sparc machine (I was going to try some of my
i386 packages on it), and successfully installed Debian on it. During the
install, my kbd was recognised fine (I selected the type4/5 option); I
then ran dselect, which installed console-data amongst other things. The
back of my keyboard says "type 4" on it, so I chose that option (it didn't
ask for a country or anything). Now various of the non-alphanum keys don't
work, and there are other strangenesses (shift-6 produces & instead of ^
for example). What did I do wrong?

This is a current potato install (console-data is from woody,
though)

Thanks,

Matthew

--
"At least you know where you are with Microsoft."
"True. I just wish I'd brought a paddle."