Re: Nightly builds of sourceforge (e.g. glx)

On 21 Jul 2000, Zygo Blaxell wrote:
> 	http://www.hungrycats.org/~drunkard/
>
> is the home page, complete with apt sources.list.
>
> The policy is, "if you have Drunkard's apt line in your sources.list,
> you get Drunkard's Wine package, otherwise you don't."

I've been using these packages for quite some time, now, to track
development that impacts on Windows Terminal Server Client.  It has
been fun to test each new snapshot, even though it breaks from time
to time (I don't really need a stable mstsc ... but it's nice to have
for IE access).

So, I'm thinking it might be nice to parameterize and package this.  If
someone wants to set up an autobuild, they merely need access to the CVS,
install & configure the script, and away they go.

Or is this inviting disaster because then all kinds of packages of
questionable quality will proliferate through our user base?  The whole
non-free debate has put me on my guard since 6 months ago.  Do we really
want to *encourage* a fragmented pool of debs out there?  Is something a
bit more organized within the project archives needed?  Or is it
sufficient to just make the tools for various CVS sites to put up their
own snapshots.

Ben