Re: Question about snapshotting Debian subprojects (e.g. neuro.debian.net)

On Tue, 12 Oct 2010, Peter Palfrader wrote:
> Debian's snapshot database has such a user - it's simply the guest user.
> They can read everything but don't have write (i.e.
> insert/update/delete) privileges on anything.

Thank you once again Peter -- I got our snapshotting running! whoorraayy!

something you might like to take care about while getting ready for
squeeze and python-pylons 0.10-1:

==> error.log <==
[Tue Oct 12 22:25:58 2010] [error] /srv/snapshot-neuro.debian.net/web-app/lib/python2.6/site-packages/snapshot/controllers/package.py:126: DeprecationWarning: pylons.g is deprecated. Your project should import pylons.app_globals If desired, it can be imported as 'g', but its recommended to refer to i
t as app_globals for clarity                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 [Tue Oct 12 22:25:58 2010] [error]   sourcefiles = g.shm.packages_get_source_files(self._db(), source, version)
[Tue Oct 12 22:25:58 2010] [error] /srv/snapshot-neuro.debian.net/web-app/lib/python2.6/site-packages/snapshot/controllers/package.py:127: DeprecationWarning: pylons.g is deprecated. Your project should import pylons.app_globals If desired, it can be imported as 'g', but its recommended to refer to i
t as app_globals for clarity                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 [Tue Oct 12 22:25:58 2010] [error]   binpkgs = g.shm.packages_get_binpkgs_from_source(self._db(), source, version)
[Tue Oct 12 22:25:58 2010] [error] /srv/snapshot-neuro.debian.net/web-app/lib/python2.6/site-packages/snapshot/controllers/package.py:138: DeprecationWarning: pylons.g is deprecated. Your project should import pylons.app_globals If desired, it can be imported as 'g', but its recommended to refer to i
t as app_globals for clarity                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 [Tue Oct 12 22:25:58 2010] [error]   binpkg['files'] = map(lambda x: x['hash'], g.shm.packages_get_binary_files_from_id(self._db(), binpkg['binpkg_id']))
[Tue Oct 12 22:25:58 2010] [error] /srv/snapshot-neuro.debian.net/web-app/lib/python2.6/site-packages/snapshot/controllers/package.py:143: DeprecationWarning: pylons.g is deprecated. Your project should import pylons.app_globals If desired, it can be imported as 'g', but its recommended to refer to i
t as app_globals for clarity                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 [Tue Oct 12 22:25:58 2010] [error]   fileinfo[hash] = g.shm.packages_get_file_info(self._db(), hash)

Also, for some reason, quit often I get "Internal Server Error", in the
logs accompanied with

DistributionNotFound: Snapshot
while doing
application = loadapp('config:/srv/snapshot-neuro.debian.net/etc/web-app.ini')

although upon 'reload' everything usually comes back to normal

--
                                  .-.
                   Linux User    ^^-^^    [175555]