Re: [James LewisMoss] Re: [ANNOUNCE] first public, highly experimental verison of xml-core

James LewisMoss (dres@debian.org) wrote:
> Is this the email you lost?
>
> Jim

Yes, thank you.

See reply within.

> From: James LewisMoss <dres@debian.org>
[snip]

> Bugs:
> 1) Directory /var/lib/xml-core is not included in package.

That's true.  It's created in the preinst and removed in the postrm.  Anything
wrong with that.  I didn't really find anything about this in the policy doc
or the developers reference.  But if there's some de-facto approach for this
let me know.  I'm more than happy to comply.

> 2) postinst script is not idempotent.

I don't understand.  Installing the package multiple times works for me, or
is that not what you meant?  What's the error you're getting?

> 3) Don't see a way to add a <nextCatalog> entry to the
>    /etc/xml/catalog file using update-xmlcatalog.

That's true.  That is (also per to-be-updated Debian XML policy) not (yet)
a supported feature.  I uploaded the package to unstable, so please file a
wishlist when it's official available.

Thanks,
Ardo
--