Re: XML catalogs and xml-base

Adam DiCarlo <adam@onshored.com> writes:

> Is anyone working on the problem of xml-base and XML catalog
> registration?  What is the current status?  Is there any way I can
> help?

I've read the xml doc here (how to create xml catalog) :

http://xmlsoft.org/catalog.html

Then we don't need to create catalogs like we have for sgml. Catalog for
xml is only one file /etc/xml/catalog

The /etc/xml directory need to be shared by the new xml-base
package. xml-base need to contains the xmlcatalog binary (from the
libxml2 package) needed to register catalog.

xml-base need to share an /etc/xml/catalog file created with
"xmlcatalog --noout --create /etc/xml/catalog"

Each package who provides an entry in the catalog need to add a call in
postinst like :

Exemple for docbook-xml

/usr/bin/xmlcatalog --noout --add "rewriteSystem" \
"http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2"; \
"/usr/share/sgml/docbook/dtd/xml/4.1.2" /etc/xml/catalog

And this call in postrm :

/usr/bin/xmlcatalog --noout --del \
"http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2";

That's all. I don't see if we need more than that.

Christian