Re: resurrecting sgml-base

On Friday 9 July 1999, at 14 h 57, the keyboard of Manoj Srivastava
<srivasta@debian.org> wrote:

>         I am trying to get my act together and try and get the long
>  moribund sgml-base package moving again

Great!

>  it up to them). What are the pending things that need be done?
>  a) Move to /usr/share/sgml

It is a bit more: the bug #28704 suggests a move to the proposed standard,
which seems the right way. It involves, for instance, new directories, like
one for the stylesheets.

Do you/we intend to follow the proposed standard? If so, we should start right now, if we want to be ready for potato's freeze. If not, I would be interested to hear opinions pro/against this move.