Re: NMU request: docbook-xml bug fixes

On , June 25, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> Mark Johnson <mrj@debian.org> writes:
>
> >   * debian/control: add docbook-xsl-stylesheets to Recommends
>
> Fixing and will reupload.  No biggie.

No biggie, but nonetheless good to do.

> > Lemme know ASAP. The package is broken in its present state.
>
> The proper thing is to raise the severity of the bug.  By "broken" you
> mean "breaks XP/XT" right?  ...
> it's not broken with jade (or any processor that properly implemented
> SGML catalog handling).

Yep, breaks XP/XT, that's for sure. It also breaks every xml
parser/xslt processor setup without catalog support, which is just
about all of them, presently. Unfortunately, catalog support is still
a rare feature in the XML world...

The very latest xsltproc/libxml2/libxslt0 is one exception. Another
will be the classes for xt and saxon that I'm about to upload.

Thanks for the quick fix.

Mark