Re: ITP: saxon -- an XSLT processor

On Thursday, June 21, Bart Schuller wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 03:26:09AM -0400, mrj@debian.org wrote:
> > Saxon 6.3 needs a Java2 JVM [...]
>
> I don't think so. I just tried it with gij-3.0 and it worked flawlessly.
> Install libgcj2 and try it out.

My mistake. One only needs Java2 to compile it.

Thanks for pointing this out. And for the gij tip -- I'll give it a
shot. I didn't know the project had gotten that far... Nice.

I just uploaded the Saxon package -- if you'd like to test it you can
get it from incoming:

 http://incoming.debian.org/lib-saxon-java_6.3-1_all.deb

The package also includes versions 6.02 and 6.2.2, due to significant
processing differences.

Lemme know if it works/doesn't work.

Thanks,
Mark

(I'll write some wrappers for saxon and put them in in a tools package
after I get the catalog packages uploaded.)

Mark Johnson
Duke Physics        <mark@duke.edu>
Debian SGML         <mrj@debian.org>
Home Page:          <http://dulug.duke.edu/~mark/>
GPG fp: 50DF A22D 5119 3485 E9E4  89B2 BCBC B2C8 2BE2 FE81