Re: Is oldstable security support duration something to be proud of?

Maybe I'm wrong, I don't hold the truth.  But I see Debian under a totally
different perspective than other distros.  More of a philosophical stand
(reminiscent of Richard Stallman ideas about free software).  This, of
course, is a work in progress with up and down days/seasons --whatever.

That some corporations/business use Debian, well cool--man they are saving
some mula.  I also see all this as a way to empower users so computing
does not become (forever) an elitist endeavor.

Still CentOS feels (note "feel") kinda like cheating ("white branded"
seems a fashionable term) since it seems to me that the parent distro
would not allow this if they could.

So it is more than free as in "free beer".  It goes beyond this.  It is a
philosophical and moral stand.

--
-JM.

?Estos días azules y este sol de la infancia.?(Antonio Machado-1939)