Re: DSA-1494-1 linux-2.6 for vserver

* Dušan Vejnovič:

> I want to install the new kernel upgrade for vserver, but when I run the
> upgrade command over the apt-get I get message that only
> linux-image-2.6.18-6-amd64 will be upgrade.
> Is there missing kernel package for vserver?

Please post the output of the following commands:

# apt-cache policy linux-image-2.6-amd64
# apt-cache policy linux-image-2.6-vserver-amd64

Oh, I think I know what's going on.  We should have released an update
for linux-latest because of the ABI transition due to the stable
upgrade.

In the meantime, you should be able to install the vserver package
manually using:

# apt-get install linux-image-2.6.18-6-vserver-amd64

(Or the Xen variant if you need that.)