Re: fail2ban vs. syslogd compression

In article <[🔎] 200708281740.54852.jw@mailsw.com> you wrote:
>> Wouldn't a better option be to teach fail2ban how to parse the "last
>> message repeated".. messages?
>
> Maxim or Dann: When you find out how to do that, please post it to the list
> for archiving / information-sharing purposes.

I can tell you the obvious: rember last and current line. If current
line!="last message repeated" then store it as last line and read next line
as current otherwise increment counter of the entry pointed to in last line
by the number of lines skiped and read next line as current. *g*

Sorry no coding today :)

Gruss
Bernd