Re: avahi-daemon

On Sat, Mar 04, 2006 at 11:32:20AM +0100, Loïc Minier wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 04, 2006, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
> >  Rhythmbox is a very easy to use music playing and management program
> >  which supports a wide range of audio formats (including mp3 and ogg).
> >  The current version also supports Internet Radio, iPod integration,
> >  Audio CD burning, and metadata editing.
> >
> > There's *nothing* in that description (which is Rhythmbox' package) that
> > implies that Rhythmbox provides music sharing capabilities. Is there?
>
>  Of course, you didn't imagine for a second that the description wasn't
>  updated since the introduction of avahi.

Which I'm surprised, since the introduction of avahi was a fundamental
change. Moreover, there is not a slightest note in the (upstream)
documentation or the README.Debian about music sharing and avahi.
(for those that are not the maintainer, see #355234)

I'm *very* surprised that this kind of change, which you tout as fundamental
for the package and which, at some point, prevented the program from working
at all is not documented anywhere in the package or upstream.

Regards

Javier