Re: Bad press again...

Florian Weimer wrote:
> * Paul Gear:
>

>>I don't know upon what you're basing your characterization, but i'm
>>party to at least 3 emails to Joey describing the nature of the bug
>>in sufficient detail to understand it as a security flaw.
>

> Was this pre- or post-disclosure?

There was no pre-disclosure.  A bug was reported - the reporter didn't
even realise it was a security flaw, but Tom Eastep, the author, did.
He released a patch and an announcement within a few hours, then we got
to packaging new versions.

> In the latter case, such discussion
> should be Cc:ed to the bug report, IMHO.

Is that a policy issue, common convention, or just a suggestion?

--
Paul
<http://paulgear.webhop.net>