Re: handling private keys

On 6/28/05, Rick Moen <rick@linuxmafia.com> wrote:
> Mine is called a PalmPilot with Keyring (3DES password store) installed,
> where I'm careful about what I install on it.  It strikes me that threat
> models are more easily isolated and dealth with on a PDA than on a
> networked computer, especially a multiuser one.

I do the same thing with my passwords, but that doesn't quite answer
the question.  Radu wants a place to keep GPG keys safe - not just
their passwords.

It would be pretty cool to use a PDA as a trusted device - it would
download a document from the PC, ask you to verify it, then sign it
and send it back.  It's even better than a smart card, because you can
use the PDA's display to verify that you're signing what you think
you're signing.

I don't know of any program to do this, but it's certainly possible.

-Ed