Re: MBR, GRUB, LILO,

On Sat, 4 Jun 2005, justme wrote:

> Grub or Lilo it don't matter they don't start when I reboot after
> installation.
>
> When I reboot with Grub is stands still: GRUB_  (underscore blinking)
> and don't start (have to reboot and reboot)

grub didn't install properly

> The same with Lilo It stands still: L_ (underscore blinking)

lilo didn't install properly

because your grub.conf and menu.lst is wrong
and/or your lilo.conf is wrong

boot from a "standalone or install media"
	boot floppy, standalone cd, compact flash, network boot

- once it boots off the boot media:
	- mount your disks and its partitions ( lets say /mnt/hda )
	cd /mnt/hda
	chroot /mnt/hda /bin/bash
	grub-install /dev/hda  -- or  lilo -C /etc/lilo.your-version.conf

unmount everything and reboot from the orig hd

c ya
alvin