Re: Slightly OT: Setting the primary NIC

On Sunday, 2004-03-21 at 03:17:45 -0800, Brandon High wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 21, 2004 at 11:58:00AM +0100, Lupe Christoph wrote:
> > > Can anyone tell me how I can tell the machine which NIC is the primary?
> > There is no such thing as a primary NIC. Unless a daemon explicitly
> > binds a socket to a specific IP address and send a packet through that

> Could it be that he means the NIC that the default route applies to?

> netstat -rn would show that.

I doubt that. he couldn't reach the others machine if the packets went
the default route.

Sven?

Lupe Christoph
--
| lupe@lupe-christoph.de       |           http://www.lupe-christoph.de/ |
| "Violence is the resort of the violent" Lu Tze                         |