virtual user and per virtual user directory

Hello,

I would like to use vsftpd as a central download portal for all cutomers
and also as an upload portal for customers willing to send files to our
service. Naturally no other customer is allowed to see the files from
other customers. For some reasons I don't want to make each customers a
local user on the server, so I hoped the "virtual user" capability of
vsftpd could help.

The requirements in details are:
- each customer is allowed to download the latest software or patches
  from the ftp-site
- specific customers are allowed to upload data for the service
  department
- different customers are not allowed to see the uploaded files.
- specific persons (service) are allowed to see all files
- a mail should be send to a specific person, when a new file arrived at
  the ftp-site.
- the service must upload files to the customer area, so that only the
  specific customer can download this file

Does anybody know, wether this is possible with vsftpd?

Thanks
Dirk