Re: How to reduce sid security

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 11:20:35 -0700
tbmoore@bealenet.com (Boyd Moore) wrote:

> I would like for these two Linux systems to completely trust each
> other so I can run remote X (XDMCP), using the KDE3 service on the
> faster, more up-to-date PC, for my window manager on the older PC.
> You cannot do this through ssh as far as I can tell, and it would
> create quite a bit of overhead even if you could.

Not the answer you were looking for, but have you considered VNC?

apt-cache search vnc
http://tightvnc.com

You can use it to create an X session on the faster computer, and just
run the client on the older computer. It has the added bonus that you
can shut down the terminal, restart, and all you're work is right where
you left it. I run a mixed network (3 Debian, 2 Win2k, 1 WinNT), and I
can 'view' my session from any computer in the network. It can also be
tunneled through ssh for security.
--
-johann koenig
Now Playing: The Grateful Dead - Uncle John's Band : Skeletons From The