Re: ftp.gnu.org cracked

On 18/08/03 13:58:16, Matt Zimmerman wrote:

If we're going to make a statement about it, we should have some facts
release.  For example, if someone would like to verify the validity of
the
GNU source tarballs that we ship against the checksums published by
GNU,
that would be great.

I think this is a task for the respective maintainers of GNU software in Debian, but if someone pops up that'd really help.

My suggestion otherwise is that someone sends an alert message to -
devel-announce
explaining that:

- maintainers of GNU software in Debian should verify the correctness of their packages in the Debian archive. - Debian members who accessed a Debian machine from gnuftp are encouraged to change their password.

--
Robert Millan

"[..] but the delight and pride of Aule is in the deed of making, and in the thing made, and neither in possession nor in his own mastery; wherefore he gives and hoards not, and is free from care, passing ever on to some new work."

 -- J.R.R.T, Ainulindale (Silmarillion)