Re: Please clarifiy: kernel-sources / ptracebug / debian security announcenments

The security team has already released two DSA's on the ptrace issue.
Those would be DSA 270 and DSA 276. Why they have not put priority on
fixing it for the i386 architecture I do not know, but I do know that
modifying the kernel in stable on i386 is a monstrous problem, as doing
it right means you have to:

- rebuild all the different kernel images
- rebuild all the modules packages external to the kernel, which would
  get broken by the above rebuild
- rebuild the boot floppies
- rebuild the install CD's

--
see shy jo, not a member of the security team