Re: SSL proxy server

## Costas Magos (kmag@lab.epmhs.gr):

> Is it possible to create an SSL tunnel using stunnel or something
> similar to protect the web transactions?

Yes, you can use stunnel here; setup is similar as for imap-ssl et.al.

> Another
> solution that I am thinking of (and prefer) is setting up a proxy
> apache-ssl server on the same machine (or another machine on the same
> DMZ) so that SSL communication is conducted with the proxy across the
> firewall and unecrypted traffic is confined in the DMZ. Is that
> possible?

Yes, take apache-ssl (or apache+mod_ssl, as I prefer) and mod_proxy,
then configure a reverse proxy using ProxyPass / http://netscape.server
and ProxyPassReverse / http://netscape.server; IIRC there is an example
in the apache documentation.

Regards,