Re: Information in DSAs on necessary restarts due to library-security-updates

On Sat, Apr 26, 2003 at 03:58:23PM +0200, Thomas Krennwallner wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On Sat Apr 26, 2003 at 03:32:26PM +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:
> > At work, we recommend rebooting the system. Currently, it's the only
> > reliable way to replace all memory-resident libraries. 8-(
>
> lsof +L1 prints every unlinked open file:
(..)

And if you don't want to try and understand lsof, as I said in
debian-devel, you can use a check from the Tiger security tool to do just
this, it's called 'check_finddeleted' and will point you to the processes
(normal ones and daemons) that are using deleted files:
http://savannah.nongnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/tiger/tiger/scripts/check_finddeleted+?rev=1.1&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
(provided from Tiger 3.2rc1 and above)

Regards

Javi

PS: It is based on an excellent article by Brian Hatch at
http://www.hackinglinuxexposed.com/articles/20020507.html