Re: Secure remote syslogging?

But what if you can't deploy a separate network just for syslog?
Encrypt it somehow? Or just use ip-based-security? I guess that's the
worse idea if you might be on a switch with several other machines,
right?

And do I really need a real syslog on the other machine? Or is there
any daemon so I can receive syslog-entries like
machine1: ...
machine2: ...
machine2: ...

In separate files for the machines on the central server?
I guess this would best suit my needs. But again: It needs to be
secure - even over a "public switch" :-(((