Re: VPN: SSH or IPSec???

	So far, I also prefer IPSec because it seems to be the most
standard-compliant implementation, but I want to know my options.
	I have just bought Kolesnikov's book, but I have not started with it yet.
	One last thing: shold I set up a router (and so start with Adv-router-HOWTO)
or should I go directly to FreeSwan Documentation?

	I am a little puzzled and I don't know what to start with.

Thanks for your help

El Mié 16 Abr 2003 18:59, escribió:
> A true VPN is something like IPSec. SSH and SSL only tunnel TCP-based
> traffic (at least that's what they are supposed to do). If you want a
> true VPN, do not use SSH or SSL.
>
> IPSec is a good choice, but there are other VPN apps around
> including CIPE, VTUN, and TINC. YMMV..
>
> Check out "Building Linux VPNs" book by Kolesnikov and Hatch--
> that would be your best best.
>
> I personally like IPSec because it's fairly standardized, but
> again YMMV :)
>
> -Anne
>
> Servicios Inform?ticos UGT Galicia grabbed a keyboard and typed...
>
> > 	I'm planning to set up a VPN.  I started reading The VPN Howto, but I
> > come to a crossroad as early as soon as I read past chapter 2:
> >
> > 	Should I use SSH or IPSec to set up my VPN?
> > 	Which are the drawbacks and advantages of both?
> >
> > 	I would like to know what's your opinion about it so I can choose the
> > most suitable option for me.
> >
> > 	Thank you
> > --
> >
> > ==============================