Re: spam block

On Tue, 2003-04-15 at 08:58, Celso González wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 15, 2003 at 02:47:52PM +0200, Konstantin wrote:
> > hi,
> >
> > I need a spam filter, but I need one which works with sendmail and is not
> > spamassasin(the system needs an old perl 5.0.X), but spamassasin needs perl
> > >5.6
> >
> > any ideas, which spam filter I can use on such a system.
>
> Try with bogofilter

I'll second Celso.  Bogofilter's only prerrequisite is, IIRC, a DBM
library.  It is very lightweight and fast (much faster than
SpamAssassin, which I can't use because of the volume of mail that I
have to process), and is eerily accurate when trained properly.

That's the catch, of course: it has to be trained.  I'd suggest you to
download a couple thousand fresh spams from spamarchive.org to prime
your spam list.  Use your archived mail for the ham list.  From them on
just give it feedback when it makes a mistake, and everything should be
ok.

 -CR