Kernel ptrace Hole - Fix For i386 ?

I'm wondering whether I've missed some announcement about a fixed
2.4.x package for this for i386 architecture.  We've had DSAs 270 and
276 providing the fixes for Mips and S390 systems, and lots of
discussion here about how to protect against the exploit *instead* of
having a fix ... and it's been over a couple of weeks now, and still
no i386 fix.

The fix is in vanilla kernel 2.4.20 as I understand it, and it sounds
like some people here are downloading that source for their Woody i386
systems.

Anyone know what the "official" plan is ?

Thanks

Nick Boyce
Bristol, UK
--