Re: scan

iain d broadfoot wrote:
* nathan (nathan@sdf.lonestar.org) wrote:

I would very carefully go over your hardware setup, and the configuration
of the server.  I would run the offending scan many times, altering
different things to try and determine some predictable behaviors, and I
would go over the server logs to see if the reason for the reboot was
logged.

i'd also (naively?) suggest rolling your own kernel, just in case
something in the debian kernel is conflicting with your hardware, and
test against that one.

iain

...or boot to one of the 2.2 kernels that are working for you on the other systems. Or boot one of those systems to the same 2.4 kernel.

The kernel .deb file(s) should be in /var/cache/apt/archives...

regards,

glen

--
Glen Mehn	glen@burningman.com
"if you ever swallow the universe, remember to spit the dragon