Any known under the rug attacks on pppoe?

I'm over in the US doing a systems job and since
in the UK our ADSL connections are straight ether,
I've not had to think much about security issues
of PPP over ether.

I'm firewalling on the ppp0 just as I would normally
on the eth1, but I'm also puzzling over whether
there are any known attacks on the underlying
device. I can't think of any and in fact can't even
think of an approach that would allow the ISP end
to bypass the firewalling.

But I don't pretend to know everything, so I thought
I'd toss the question out as others have probably
dealt with pppoe for years.

       IN MY NAME:            Dale Amon, CEO/MD
  No Mushroom clouds over     Islandone Society
    London and New York.      www.islandone.org