Re: Debian Kernel's and FreeSwan

On Sat, Apr 05, 2003 at 07:45:56PM +0200, Stefan Neufeind wrote:
> On 5 Apr 2003 at 9:04, Steve Jr Ramage wrote:
>
> > Well continuing the problem, I have moved from the original one,
> > appended at the bottom. Now something else is wrong, basically the
> > following out put. I had to use 'export PATCH_THE_KERNEL=YES' (thanks
> > Kenneth). Now the kernel compile asks me  a bunch of IPSEC questions
> > and then later it does this. I have done a make-kpkg clean, and a make
> > dep, on both systems. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong. I did
> > download the freestwan package. Is there anything else I need?
>
> Hi - as far as I remember there were rumours on the FreeS/Wan-list
> that the newer kernels include their own ipsec-implementation. Maybe
> that leads to your problems? Is there any package ipsec from the
> kernel already selected?

The crypto-api only appears in the late 2.5 series, and
still seems to conflict with the FreeSWAN 1.99; also,
if you are installing your own crypto-api patches on a
2.4 kernel, you will get the same problem if you select
the crypto-api menu ipsec option and then try to build
with FreeSWAN "make menugo".

I've not had time yet to work out how to get FS to use
kernel crypto/ipsec or even to read up on how they
are related.

       IN MY NAME:            Dale Amon, CEO/MD
  No Mushroom clouds over     Islandone Society
    London and New York.      www.islandone.org