Re: Updating Snort Signatures In Stable ?

On Fri, Dec 06, 2002 at 04:18:52AM +0000, Nick Boyce wrote:
> I searched the debian-security archive but didn't hit any items
> discussing this, so maybe it's a dumb question - sorry, I'm a newb
> here.
>
> Thanks for _any_ comments at all.

Well, the version I am running at this time is "Version 1.9.0 (Build 209)"
and was downloaded from snort.org.

My friend was kind enough to write a script that downloads signatures for
this version from the snort site... This script alters the snort.conf file
to include any new rulefiles and restarts snort if nessicery...

I find this script very usefull and use it in combination with cron...
Anyhow: this is the script located @ www.xssass.be...

Kind regards,
	Kristof Goossens

--
Digital fingerprint: F56F F987 0E0C AFF8 0B6D  7CA1 F152 E07D 72AF 337B