Re: scp and sftp

Chris Reeves wrote:

> Why not change the users' shell to /usr/bin/menu?

Because they need to be able to transfer files to their home
directories.  If you do this, then ftp,pscp,etc won't work.  My original
goal was to allow them transfer files to/from home directory with
something besides ftp (since they are going over the internet) but not
allow them to change to directories above the home.  Proftp allowed me
to chroot them to the home but scp/sftp does not.

I can use vpn to let them safely use ftp over the internet.  That's only
way they can use ftp since the firewall blocks ftp from the internet.
But that stills leaves the scp "hole".