Secure Finger Daemon

Hello,

I'm planing to install a secure finger daemon
on one of the public boxes I admin.

Well, out there are really many different finger
daemons and in the Debian stable tree I can find:

	* efingerd - Another finger daemon for unix
		   capable of fine-tuning your output.
	* xfingerd - BSD-like finger daemon with qmail support.
	* ffingerd - A secure finger daemon
	* fingerd - Remote user information server.
	* cfingerd - Configurable and secure finger daemon

So I've considered using fingered which should be secure.

Often I hear and read about exploited finger daemons which
gave the attacker system access so I'm asking on this list
help about the F Daemon.

Which Finger daemon is *really* secure ?
Shouldn't I install this service at all ?
Any experiences about compromised systems ?

Thanks for any help !
Have a nice time,
 - Ivo

 Ivo Marino                    eim@eimbox.org
 UN*X Developer, running Debian GNU/Linux
 irc.OpenProjects.net #debian
 http://eimbox.org